Amazon Music offers two streaming tiers, including Amazon Music Unlimited, with unlimited access to stream more than 50 million songs including today’s hottest new releases and thousands of playlists and stations
And with Prime Music, Prime members can now stream more than two million songs at no additional cost to their Prime membership, ad-free and on-demand
Customers can subscribe today for a free, three-month trial to Amazon Music Unlimited
SAO PAULO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–(NASDAQ: AMZN) — Amazon today announces the launch of Amazon Music for Brazil, bringing customers millions of songs and thousands of playlists and stations ad-free, with two music streaming tiers. Beginning today, customers can access Amazon Music Unlimited, the premium music streaming tier with unlimited access to more than 50 million songs, including chart-topping releases from Brazilian and International artists including Pabllo Vittar, Post Malone, Ivete Sangalo, Billie Eilish, Gustavo Mioto and many more, along with locally curated playlists and stations, developed specifically for today’s music fan in Brazil. This follows Tuesday’s launch of Amazon Prime in Brazil, offering members a selection of more than two million songs at no additional cost to their Prime membership. Customers can learn more about Amazon Music, and begin a three-month free trial for the Unlimited tier today at amazon.com.br/music.
“Today’s launch represents a momentous step for Amazon Music, as Brazil is one of the most important music destinations in the world,” said Federico Pedersen, Head of Latin America for Amazon Music. “Our local team has focused heavily on creating a host of playlists and stations to spotlight the unique variety of Brazilian music and we can’t wait for new subscribers to start streaming today.”
Amazon Music listeners can now choose from a diverse array of locally curated playlists and stations covering popular genres specific to the region, from Sertanejo and Samba, to Pagode, Forró, Axé and more, as well as new music from international artists rising on the global charts. Starting today, Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers and Prime Music listeners can begin streaming:
- Novidades an Amazon Music Unlimited playlist updated weekly, which provides a lively mix of new releases from Brazilian and international artists, including Elza Soares, Thiaguinho, Léo Santana and Foo Fighters and many more, offering the perfect destination to discover new favorites.
- Mais Tocadas on Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Hits on Prime Music, playlists updated weekly with the most streamed tracks on each tier, from artists including Ariana Grande, Matheus & Kauan and more.
- Explosão Funk and Balada Sertaneja, playlists on Amazon Music Unlimited offer the perfect party soundtracks to celebrate with Brazilian funk and traditional Sertanejo music, with hits by MC Rita, MC Kevin O Chris, and Gusttavo Lima, among others.
- Ritmos Brasil, an Amazon Music Unlimited playlist highlighting local traditions from the Samba, Forró and Arrocha genres, with music by Avine Vinny and Márcia Fellipe.
- Bandeira Indie, an Amazon Music Unlimited playlist featuring the diverse sounds of Brazil’s current indie scene, from Agnes Nunes e Xamã, O Terno, Karina Buhr and Luedji Luna.
- Listeners on both tiers can revisit popular songs from MPB, rock, pop and more genres with the Máquina do Tempo series, including playlists such as MPB Anos 80 and Indies 2000.
- Amazon Music also offers a mix of mood-based playlists for subscribers in Brazil, from Despertador on both tiers, with uplifting tracks to help get your morning started. Additionally, Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers can check out Desacelerando, for chill songs to unwind to at the end of the day.
Beginning today, Amazon Music listeners can listen to new singles and albums, playlists and stations in many ways, including on the go with the Amazon Music app, available for offline playback on mobile devices, anytime and anywhere without an internet connection. Customers will find brand new music by regional and trending artists from around the world on the “Home” tab, as well as personalized recommendations; and stream their own playlists, favorite artists, songs, albums and more with “My Music.” The Amazon Music app is now available in Brazil for iOS and Android and on Mac, PC, and the Fire TV Stick.
Customers can now sign up for a free, three-month trial of Amazon Music Unlimited for a limited time before choosing from two plan options. Amazon Music Unlimited is available at the Individual Plan for BRL$16.90/month, or BRL$169.00/year; or, the Family Plan, which allows up to six members of the same family to use one subscription for only BRL$25.90/month, or BRL$259/year. Visit amazon.com.br/music to learn more about features and plans available on Amazon Music in Brazil.
The launch of Amazon Music adds to the recent announcement of Amazon Prime in Brazil. Prime members have access to free and fast shipping on products identified with the Prime label. Other services available include award-winning Amazon Originals, movies and TV shows on Prime Video; plus a revolving catalog of renowned eBooks and magazines on Prime Reading; and a free selection of loots and games on Twitch Prime. To sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime and experience Prime Music, at no additional cost to a Prime membership, new customers can visit amazon.com.br/prime.
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, the Fire TV Stick, PC, Mac, and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of more than two million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to over 50 million songs and the latest new releases. For more information, visit amazon.com.br/music or download the Amazon Music app.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.