DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Dimethylformamide Market: Growth, Trends and Forecast (2020-2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The market for dimethylformamide is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 6% globally during the forecast period.
The increasing number of industrial applications for DMF as the solvent and growing demand from the pharmaceutical sector is driving the market growth.
Long exposure to dimethylformamide can cause health issues to human beings and replacement by less harmful substitutes like Dimethyl sulfoxide are expected to hinder the market growth.
The global dimethylformamide market is partially consolidated in nature with a few major players dominating a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are BASF, Eastman Chemical, Merck, The Chemours Company and HELM AG, among others.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Chemical Uses
- The demand for Dimethylformamide (DMF) has been growing from the chemical industry owing to its increasing uses as a solvent, a chemical intermediate, and an additive.
- DMF is a commonly used solvent in polyurethane coatings, synthetic leathers, and artificial leather fabrics because it is highly soluble in nature, low volatility and has a low evaporation rate.
- Dimethylformamide also used as a solvent for many purposes such as residue in synthetic leather, processing solvents, plastic, rubber, adhesives, and printing inks.
- DMF has extraordinary solvency parameters so that it can be used as a reaction and crystallization solvent for pharmaceutical purposes and DMF is also for purification purposes in pharmaceutical industry.
- Increasing uses of solvents and intermediates, expanding textile industries, increasing medical technology, and chemical processing sectors in developing countries are driving the demand for dimethylformamide used for various chemical manufacturing purposes, through the years to come.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the World Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market owing to the highly developed chemical processing industries, pharmaceutical, and textile sectors.
- The textile industry has been using the DMF in the production of acrylic fibers and polyurethane products as well as in the manufacture of artificial leathers, films, and surface coatings. According to the International Trade Administration, Asia-Pacific is the largest market for the textile industry.
- Chemical processing industries such as agricultural, petrochemical, polymer and refining are majorly using dimethylformamide for various applications.
- Acrylic fibers are being used in sweaters, boots, hats, gloves, athletic wear, carpeting, blankets, protective clothing, wigs, and hair extensions. This increased the demand for dimethylformamide in the production of acrylic fibers.
- According to the Die Chemiefaserindustrie in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland, China and India lead global fiber consumption in recent years.
- Dimethylformamide helps in the production of pesticides in agriculture, purification in petrochemical industries and used in inks and dyes in various printing and fiber-dying applications.
- Increasing applications for industrial solvents and growing demand for laboratory research and development purposes in the region is expected to drive the market for dimethylformamide through the years to come.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Industrial Applications for DMF as Solvent
4.1.2 Growing Demand from Pharmaceutical Sector
4.2.1 Higher Hazard Substance and Replacement by Other Substitutes
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Chemical Processing and Solvents
5.1.4 Other Applications
5.2.2 North America
5.2.4 South America
5.2.5 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Eastman Chemical
6.4.3 HELM AG
6.4.4 Jiutian Chemical Group Ltd.
6.4.6 Mitsubishi Gas Chemical
6.4.7 Paari Chem Resources
6.4.8 Pon Pure Chemicals Group
6.4.9 The Chemours Co.
6.4.10 Zhejiang Jiangshan Chemical
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Usage of DMF in Research labs
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/l01m8k
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900