|Page (1) of 1 - 01/16/13||email article||print page|
Imagination Rules In Scribblenauts Unlimited On Wii U and Nintendo 3DS-The Game Without LimitsThe award-winning series returns with Maxwell's biggest adventure ever in Scribblenauts Unlimited (January 16, 2013)
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- It's time to get your creative juices flowing with Scribblenauts Unlimited, the latest game in the original franchise where your writing comes to life and the only limit is your imagination. The highly anticipated Scribblenauts Unlimited is Maxwell's first adventure in an open world full of challenges and will launch across Europe from 8th February on Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL.
Scribblenauts Unlimited once again sees you solve puzzles and challenges by imagining an object that could tackle the problem at hand, then bringing it to life by jotting down its name. This time around, you'll also learn more about the back-story of everyone's favourite rooster-capped hero, finding out about Maxwell's parents, his twin sister Lily and even how he got his magical notepad.
Where previous games in the series featured a linear level progression mechanic, Scribblenauts Unlimited offers a completely open universe that is split into eight worlds and 41 levels all with their own objectives to explore. You might have to visit the big city to help the police catch a thief or travel to a tropical island to help a shipwrecked couple - how you help them is only limited by your imagination, and as long as they end up happy, you get one of the coveted Starites. With the new Merit Board, each world comes with a comprehensive list of hints including the new 'Starite Vision' helper highlighting all nearby Starites and Starite Shards.
Scribblenauts Unlimited is also more expansive than previous games in the series, with 50 Starites and 500 Starite Shards to be found, leading to over 20 hours of fun gameplay and unlimited enjoyment using the levels as a playground. With the all-new Object Library, you can even store previously summoned objects in Maxwell's 'magic backpack' for easy access when you need them in the future.
Wii U Features
- Object Creation and Sharing - Now you can make your own objects to summon in the game! Not impressed by an 'angry, purple shark'? Why not make a 'partyshark' that flies and shoots lasers to boot? With the new Object Editor, anything and everything can be created. Change the colour, move parts around, change sizes and even add in physical properties or script behaviours to change how your objects interact with the Scribblenauts world. You'll meet the avatars of other players and can download the objects they created into your own library - and they'll be able to do the same with your creations!
- Nintendo-Themed Bonus Content - Discover dozens of characters and items from Super Mario games and The Legend of Zelda franchises which will interact with your world in hilarious and fantastical ways.
- Multiplayer Mode - Play with your friends who can drop in and take control of any object using a Wii Remote. Or play with as many people as you wish as spectators on the TV screen, giving advice to the player conjuring up objects with the GamePad.
- HD Graphics: For the first time, see the world of Scribblenauts in breath-taking high definition on the big screen. If it's too much to take in, zoom in on the large HD levels for easier gameplay.
Nintendo 3DS Features
- StreetPass - Utilise the Nintendo 3DS system's StreetPass functionality to see all of the creative solutions to puzzles used by other players encountered.
- 3D Cinematics: For the first time, the game features gorgeous cinematics rendered in amazing 3D.
Scribblenauts Unlimited delivers a creative adventure which will test your imagination to the limit when it launches across Europe on 8th February, on Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL.
For further details:
Nintendo website http://www.nintendo.co.uk
Nintendo 3DS Guided Tour: http://guidedtour.nintendo.co.uk
Wii U website: http://wiiu.co.uk
Wii U on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WiiU.co.uk
Nintendo of Europe on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope
Nintendo UK on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nintendouk
About Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS offers Parental Controls so that parents can control the level of 3D their children can view on the Nintendo 3DS as well as the content they can access. Nintendo 3DS also features a 3D depth slider which lets players turn off or adjust the level of 3D they want on the 3D Screen, two built-in screens for different functionality, a Circle Pad which provides a full 360 degrees of direction, a built-in motion sensor and gyro sensor. It is equipped with three cameras (two of which are facing outwards to allow the taking of 3D pictures), houses a 2GB SD Memory Card and is compatible with AR Cards which come packaged with Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo 3DS is also backwards compatible with all existing Nintendo DS games, which can be played in 2D on your Nintendo 3DS system.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii(TM) home console, Nintendo 3DS(TM) and Nintendo DS(TM) family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System(TM), Nintendo has sold more than 3.9 billion video games and more than 630 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi(TM) and Nintendo DSi(TM) XL, as well as the Game Boy(TM), Game Boy Advance(TM), Super NES(TM), Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube(TM) systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario(TM), Donkey Kong(TM), Metroid(TM), Zelda(TM) and Pokemon(TM). A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Nintendo UK , Computers/Peripherals, Home, Gaming, Family, online game, Children, Parents, Family, Digital Media Software, Gaming, Game Consoles, PC Games, Multiplayer, Germany, Japan, Marketwire, Television, Games, Game Technology, Entertainment, england, Family, Children, Parents, Other,
Related Sites: Hollywood Industry , IBC News , BN - Broadcast Newsroom , Digital Game Developer , DMN Newswire , CEN - Consumer Electronics Net , CEN - Toys , CEN - Games , BN - HD , VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: Waveform Newsletter , Levels Newsletter , BN - HD Weekly , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , BN - Broadcast Newswire