|Page (1) of 1 - 01/17/13||email article||print page|
Progressive International Motorcycle Shows Cruises Nationwide Series Into Javits Center
NEW YORK, Jan.17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --The New York Progressive International Motorcycle Show is THIS WEEKEND, and bringing with it celebrities and exclusives you won't want to miss. Meet stars, racers, and the machines that move them and even enter for a chance to walk away with a one-of-a-kind painting that will be created live at the show! It's the nation's largest and longest-running motorcycle show tour into the Javits Center Friday, January 18 to Sunday, January 20. This is the place to see all of the new models from leading manufacturers including BMW, BRP, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, Star, Suzuki, Triumph, Victory, Yamaha, Zero Motorcycles and more, as well as the newest aftermarket parts and accessories. From hard-core enthusiasts to casual riders, the Javits Center will be the place for motorcycle enthusiasts to immerse themselves in bike culture, talk to experts and climb on all the hottest rides.
Artist David Uhl
As the official artist for Harley-Davidson, David Uhl's work may be recognizable to many in the motorcycle community, even if his name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. "It is spelled just like it sounds," says the artist, who Charles Osgood of CBS Sunday Morning refers to as "the Norman Rockwell of Harley-Davidson artists." Motorcycle fans and art aficionados alike will have the opportunity to see how Uhl's vision for two wheels turns into timeless artwork this weekend, as David will be creating a masterpiece on canvas right on the show floor which will be raffled off to a lucky show attendee on Sunday.
Uhl will be painting an image of the "Steampunk" bike, which was the big winner of last year's Ultimate Custom Bike Build. Built by New York's own Copper Mike, the "Steampunk" features copper plating, steam fittings and even a headlight from a submarine, all powered by a 1973 Harley Shovelhead. See Uhl's artistic process in action, along with all the uniquely crafted contestants of the 2013 Ultimate Builder competition.
American Pickers star Mike Wolfe
Mike Wolfe of American Pickers was a motorcycle enthusiast long before becoming the creator and star of The History Channel's runaway success television show. Wolfe will be appearing at New York's Javits Center as a guest of Indian Motorcycle, alongside one of his earliest finds on American Pickers a 1935 Indian Chief. The vintage gem was fully restored and since purchased by Indian Motorcycle, and will be on display at the New York show. Wolfe will be hosting a meet and greet, as well as signing autographs for fans this weekend.
NHRA Champion Eddie Krawiec
Fresh off his career-best season where he claimed 9 out of eleven victories in the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle world championship, Screamin Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson drag racer Eddie Krawiec will be on hand for a meet-and-greet and autographs with fans. The back-to-back world champion is one of the most dominant racers in the history of the NHRA, as well as one of the most notable personalities in motorcycling. New York fans will have an opportunity to rub elbows with Krawiec, who looks forward to taking his third-consecutive world championship in 2013.
XDL Street Jam
Not to be overshadowed by the New York star lineup, the young guns of the XDL Street Jam will be performing throughout the weekend, as well. Catch Aaron Twite and Chris "Teach" McNeil as they combine acrobatics with big horsepower in one of several performances throughout the weekend. Are you brave enough to stand up close? See if the daring two-wheeled stunts of the XDL crew don't make you flinch!
"New York has always been a strong market for motorcycles and aftermarket products, and we are thrilled to be here once again with the nation's largest motorcycle show," said Progressive International Motorcycle Shows Brand Director Tigra Tsujikawa. "This year's tour is jam-packed with dozens of new interactive features, exciting shows, accessories, gear and hundreds of new model motorcycles from all the top manufacturers."
Features and appearances that will fill the Javits Center with excitement throughout the weekend include:
- New Bike Debuts New York motorcycle fans will get the first look at several bikes making debuts at the show.
- XDL Street Jam Motorcycle Stunt Show Professional XDL freestyle stunt riders will wow crowds with thrilling motorcycle stunts on stock motorcycles throughout the weekend. Riders will perform a variety of tricks including wheelies, stoppies, wheelie races, K&N Circles Challenges and more. Stunt shows will take place Friday at 3:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.; and Sunday, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Pit Stop Challenge For the first time ever, attendees will experience an interactive simulation of the Daytona 200 Pit Stop. Participants will race head-to-head for the fastest rear wheel pit stop time and winners will receive prizes throughout the weekend. The fastest Pit Stop Challenge time at the end of the 2012-2013 Progressive International Motorcycle Shows tour will win an all-expense paid trip to the Daytona 200.
- J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition Returning to the series for a third year, the world's largest motorcycle builder competition will showcase elite-level, custom motorcycle creations vying for a piece of a $90,000 cash purse prize and a chance to compete in the United States Championship finale. This competition will feature five classes including Freestyle, Modified Harley-Davidson, Modified Street, Retro Mod and Performance Custom.
- The Podium This interactive stage will be jam-packed with industry experts presenting a variety of motorcycling topics for both new and experienced riders including adventure riding, motorcycle maintenance, increasing bike performance, seminars for women riders and more. More than two dozen seminars and presentations will take place throughout the weekend.
- MotoGP Experience All-new this year, the MotoGP grid will feature 12 MotoGP class bikes on a grid carpet, umbrella girls and a rare photo opportunity for all attendees with a pole sitting bike.
- Strider Adventure Zone Children are invited to test ride a collection of pedal-less Strider bicycles on an exciting race course designed with gentle turns, small obstacles and more. This interactive feature is a perfect introduction to the two-wheeled world for future motorcycle riders!
- Progressive Insurance Road Trip Bikers dreaming of hitting the road with Progressive's always happy-to-help sales clerk, Flo, can hop on a bike next to a virtual Flo, then view their photo on the Progressive Motorcycle Facebook page at www.facebook.com/progressivemotorcycle. Riders can also win prizes and kick back, relax and rest their feet in the Progressive Lounge.
- Vintage Club Displays Motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to look into the past, with this special display showcasing retro bikes, courtesy of local vintage motorcycle clubs.
- Suzuki Giveaway Attendees will have the chance to win one of two new Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycles.
- Rider Protection Project Presented by Allstate In an effort to promote motorcycle safety, this interactive scavenger hunt will send participants to different spots on the show floor to identify missing gear. This new feature will test the motorcycle safety IQ of riders, and reward experts with fun prizes.
The Progressive International Motorcycle Show in New York will be open to the public Friday, January 18 through Sunday, January 20, at the Javits Center, located at 655 West 34th Street, in New York. Show hours are Friday, from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $18 adults, $8 for children 6-11. Children 5 and under are admitted free. For more information, call 800/331-5706 or visit www.motorcycleshows.com.
SOURCE Progressive International Motorcycle Shows
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Pro AV, Presentors, Display, Business Issues, Presentation, Sports, Copper, Television, Championship, Adults, Children, Women,
Related Sites: Digital Producer , Audio Video Producer , Presentation Master , Oceania , DMN Newswire , VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: DMN Newsletter , CMN Newsletter , KNews Newsletter , Digital Media Net , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , IBN - IT Weekly Newsletter