|Page (1) of 1 - 01/07/13||email article||print page|
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS5: For the Adventurous Photographer Demanding the Ultimate Tough Still & Video Shooting Camera
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic's new compact LUMIX DMC-TS5, its toughest photo and video compact camera to date, is built for those seeking adventure and demanding the ability to document unbelievable moments anytime, anywhere. With impressive image quality and an outstanding range of features packed into a neat, durable, yet fun design, the TS5 is the perfect companion for capturing those breathtaking instances, whether underwater, atop a mountain or in the desert.
Reaching places other cameras can not go
The LUMIX TS5 is the ultimate hardy camera, ensuring that no matter where you find yourself, such as diving with sea life, hanging from a rock face or exploring the winding alleys of a foreign market, you will be able to take the best shot possible without having to worry about whether or not your camera is able to withstand the conditions. Waterproof to a depth of 43 feet, shockproof from a height of 6.6 feet, freeze proof from a temperature of 14 degrees Fahrenheit and pressure resistant to 220 lbs, the LUMIX TS5 really is the tough-man of the compact camera market.
Advanced video shooting
The LUMIX TS5 enables full HD, 1920x1080 movie recording in AVCHD Progressive format and allows exceptional audio capture with Dolby Digital. For those times when operating the camera with two hands may be difficult a dedicated button makes it possible to let you instantly start recording movies without having to choose any extra settings. Furthermore, the iA Mode is available in movie recording and the POWER O.I.S.comes in handy when shooting while on the move or from challenging places, countering handshake and vibrations.
Jam-packed with high-end specifications
A LEICA DC-VARIO ELMAR lens (28mm wide with a 4.6 x zoom), Full HD video,1920x1080 (50p) and a 3.0 inch LCD all combine to ensure that the TS5 punches well above its weight. Additionally a 16.1 megapixel high sensitivity sensor, new Venus engine, time lapse recording and 10 frames per second burst shooting*, means this camera is not only tough, its intelligent. The TS5 is packed full of features ready to help you capture any moment that you encounter.
* Maximum of 7 images
One-touch easy Wi-Fi connection
The LUMIX TS5 boasts one-touch easy connection to Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) with NFC (Near Field Communication), allowing for remote picture capture, via the LUMIX remote app, and quick and easy upload. You will be able to take photos from more remote places: simply download the Panasonic Image App to a mobile device and use it as your viewfinder to take incredible photographs while the TS5 is nestled in a tough-to-shoot location such as hanging down in between a crevice or the back of a boat. Furthermore, you can tag the location of the photo using the built-in GPS functionality. Other benefits from the Wi-Fi connectivity include 1GB cloud storage, upload and back-up, as well as connectivity to your TV for viewing on the big screen and easy transfer for printing by wireless printers.
A high quality, smart, yet tough all-rounder
Marc Sorkin, Product Marketing Manager for Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America said, "Panasonic's TS5 really is the tough man of our LUMIX family. Equipped with a full range of smart, high quality features, we really do believe it is the ultimate compact camera for any adventurer. Whether you're snowboarding in the winter, rock climbing in the spring, or diving in the summer, the TS5 is ideal for capturing special memories wherever you are. For both the entry level user and the more advanced intrepid explorer, the TS5 should be packed in every backpack."
Key features include:
- Advanced toughness: Waterproof to a depth of 43 feet, shockproof from a height of 6.6 feet, freeze proof down to a temperature of 14 degrees Fahrenheit and pressure resistant to 220 lbs, the LUMIX TS5 is the tough man of the compact camera market
- Advanced video shooting: 1920x1080, 50p Full HD AVCHD Progressive video recording and a stereo microphone allow you to shoot the highest quality movies
- One touch easy Wi-Fi connection: The LUMIX TS5 boasts one-touch easy connection to Wi-Fi with NFC, allowing for remote picture capture and quick and easy upload
- Underwater mode: The red color reproduction feature in the new Advanced Underwater mode allows you to capture the colors of the underwater world, as it is seen, eliminating dull, grey colors often associated with underwater pictures
- Quality photography within easy reach: With a 9.3x Intelligent Zoom anda 28mm Wide Angle LEICA DC lens, renowned for its exceptional quality, every detail of those epic moments is captured with super-sharp results
- Stunning results whatever the situation: The new, sharper 16.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS Sensor gives you stunning image quality even in low light conditions and the improved POWER O.I.S capability in photo and movie modes helps prevent handshake even when using the high powered zoom
- Map your memories: The enhanced GPS functionality allows you to automatically record your location and view the map and associated photos directly on your camera
- Add your own personal touch: The Creative Panorama / Creative Control / Retouch feature includes many creative modes such as soft focus, toy effect and retro
- Useful Indicato r s - Altimeter/Depth Indicator, Compass and Barometer are equipped for outdoor use
- Time Lapse Shot : The camera automatically shoot images in a designated time and interval for stationary observation of subjects such as flowers coming into bloom or wild animals in nature. The series of consequent images can be combined in a camera to produce a time lapse video.
- Torch Light : It is possible to turn only light on to light up subject even while camera function is not activated.
The TS5 will be in available in the stores and online at the end of March in orange, blue, silver and black.
TS25: The TS5's Little Brother
Panasonic is also announcing the launch of the TS25, a stylish tough camera for everyday usage and perfect for those less extreme adventurers.
The TS25 is waterproof to a depth of 23 feet, shockproof from a height of 5 feet and freeze proof down to a temperature of 14 degrees Fahrenheit.
Users can also take advantage of the 16.1 megapixel sensor, MEGA O.I.S with Active Mode to reduce motion blur and Creative Control's 12 effects to make an image more impressive
Other key features include:
- A 25mm wide angle, 4x zoom lens
- MP4 HD video, 1280x720 (30p)
- 2.7" LCD
- Advanced Underwater mode with Red Color Reproduction
The TS25 will be in available in the stores and online at the end of March in blue, black, silver and red.
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company's portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth's natural resources and protect our environment through the company's Eco Ideas programs. In the 2012 Interbrand Annual Best Global Green Brands ranking, the Panasonic brand jumped four spots to number six: http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/Best-Global-Green-Brands/2012-Report.aspx. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicUSA, and additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Pro Audio, Camera/Film, Prosumer/Consumer, Blu-ray/HD DVD, Microphone, Camera Lens, DVD Hardware, Anim, Cloud, Canada, USA, Panasonic, Sports, Appliances, Television, Winter Sports, Family, Other,