|Page (1) of 1 - 01/30/13||email article||print page|
UBM Tech's Test & Measurement World Announces the 2013 Best in Test Winners
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Yesterday at the Best in Test 2013 Awards ceremony at DesignCon 2013, UBM Tech's Test & Measurement World announced the winners of the Best in Test Awards competition. The program comprises four main categories the Best in Test Product Awards, The Test Product of the Year, the Test of Time Awards, and Test Engineer of the Year Award.
"Innovations in test and measurement occur every day. We reviewed extraordinary best in test products and learned about outstanding test professionals throughout this year's nomination process. We are pleased to congratulate the companies and our Test Engineer of the Year on their awards," said Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World, UBM Tech.
The Best in Test Product Awards honor important and innovative new products and services in the electronics test and measurement industry. Products from all areas of electronics testing and inspection are eligible. The awards program recognizes innovations released during 2012 that have made a significant contribution to the test industry. The annual Test of Time Award is presented to a product that continues to provide state-of-the-art service more than five years after its introduction. The Test Engineer of the Year Award pays tribute to the important contributions test engineers make to the quality of electronics components, products and systems. The award winner receives a $10,000 educational grant, courtesy of sponsor National Instruments, which is presented to an engineering school designated by the winner.
Each year finalists are selected from among the nominees by Test & Measurement World's editors, after which Test & Measurement World's engineering audience members are invited to vote for the winners using an online ballot. Test & Measurement World then uses a combination of these audience votes and balloting by its editorial staff to determine the Best in Test and Test of Time winners. The Best in Test Award winner that receives the most overall votes is named the Test Product of the Year.
The Best in Test winners include:
- ATE/Production Test: TR7680 3D Automated X-Ray Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- Compliance Test: R&S VTC Video test center; Rohde & Schwarz
- Data Acquisition: Stand-Alone NI CompactDAQ System; National Instruments
- Digital Multimeters: U1177A Infrared-to-Bluetooth adapter for multimeters; Agilent Technologies
- LTE/Wireless Test: RP-5300 Multi-Channel RF Recorder; Averna
- Machine Vision/Inspection: TR7007 SII Solder Paste Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- Optical/Network Test: Xair LTE Basestation Validation Solution; Ixia
- Power Supply: Aktakom APS -73xxL Series of Programmable Power Supplies; Aktakom/T&M Atlantic
- RF/MW Test: NI PXIe-5644R RF vector signal transceiver (VST); National Instruments
- Oscilloscopes: InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series Oscilloscope; Agilent Technologies
- Semiconductor Test: Tessent TestKompress with Cell-Aware Testing; Mentor Graphics
- Signal Analyzers: M9703A AXIe High-Speed Digitizer, 8-channel, 12-bit, up to 3.2 GS/s (DDC capability); Agilent Technologies
- Signal Integrity/High-speed test: Introspective ESP software-defined, real-time BER / signal-integrity analyzer instrument-on-chip; DFT Microsystems
- Signal Source: MXG X-Series Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- Software: Certus 2.0 ASIC Prototyping Debug Solution; Tektronix
- Test Product of the Year: Aktakom APS -73xxL Series of Programmable Power Supplies; Aktakom/T&M Atlantic
- The Test of Time: DesignWare STAR Memory System (2001); Synopsys
- The Test Engineer of the Year: Peter Spitzer, TRICENTIS
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing, Electronics
T: 516.562.5652, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Best in Test Awards please contact:
Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World
M: 973.864.7238, E: email@example.com
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE UBM Tech
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Sales & Marketing, Education, Networking, Business Issues, Game Development, Marketing/Distribution, Business, Marketing, Anim, Inc., Science, Marketing Services, Medical Technology, Engineering, Business,
Related Sites: Digital Producer , Digital Game Developer , DMN Newswire , itbusinessnet.com , IBN - Business , IBN - Networking , VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: DMN Newsletter , Levels Newsletter , Digital Media Net , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , IBN - IT Weekly Newsletter