|Page (1) of 1 - 01/17/13||email article||print page|
theComplete.me Relaunches People Discovery Site as LikeIt.com, Raises $500K in Financing from Western Technology Investment(January 17, 2013)
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 17, 2013
theComplete.me Inc. today announced $500K in financing from Western Technology Investment and the launch of LikeIt (http://www.likeit.com), a fun way to discover people, places, and things via social graph interests and social games.
We are thrilled to have the distinguished investor Western Technology Investment support our mission to help people connect through shared interests and friends, said Brian Bowman, theComplete.me Inc. Founder and CEO.
Similar to Facebooks new Graph Search beta product, LikeIt enables social people discovery, helping users connect to others who are talking about the things they like and share their attitudes. The LikeIt social graphalready more than 20 million people strong--expands people search beyond the Facebook network, allowing users to easily aggregate interests and activities from eight other social networks into their people-discovery experience. LikeIt considers a broad picture of a users preferences to make people recommendations, while saving the user the time of having to repeat movie reviews, music channels, favorite restaurants, and other interests from numerous other social sites. The site also uses social games to continually update users searchable interests and opinions.
How LikeIt Works:
- Users log-in using a Facebook account and share their favorite music, movies, books, hobbies, and sports across Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Photobucket, Flickr, Foursquare, and Goodreads.
- The site uses fun social games to encourage people to share their interests, which are fed into a recommendation engine to present interesting people from around the world.
- Would You Rather questions let users compare opinions on todays hottest topics.
- Top Interests encourages sharing of preferences for movies, sports, music, celebrities, food, books, and more.
- SuperFan challenges users to pick friends top interests, such as the San Francisco 49ers, Oscars®, and Adele
- Who Wore It Best lets users share fashion opinions and tastes.
- Using intuition and compatible interests, users play matchmaker for single friends with FriendConnect.
- LikeIt is committed to privacy, is TRUSTe certified, and offers users control over who sees what and when.
Visit the LikeIt blog at http://blog.likeit.com
Public Relations: brian(at)likeit(dot)com
LikeIt is a fun way to discover people, places, and things. Founded by Brian Bowman (CEO), former VP Community Yahoo! & VP Product Match.com, and Shashikant Joshi (CTO), former Founder/CTO Perfode. The LikeIt startup team and Board of Advisors include Braughm Ricke, former CFO True Ventures, Craig Allen, CEO Spark Interactive, Fran Maier, Co-founder of Match.com, and Neal Sample, Former VP Open Social Yahoo! Investors include: Intel Capital; PlentyOfFish; CrunchFund; Western Technology Investment; Russ Siegleman; Ben T. Smith IV; Social Starts, LLC; and Spark Unlimited, Inc.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10328453.htm.
Related Keywords:computer crime, plastic art, entertainment award, entertainment (general), arts (general), arts, culture and entertainment, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), family, family planning, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), society
Related Sites: Digital Producer , Hollywood Industry , Digital Game Developer , DMN Newswire , IBN - Business , IBN - Internet , VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: Levels Newsletter , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , IBN - IT Weekly Newsletter