|Page (1) of 1 - 02/22/12||email article||print page|
Full Sail University Graduate Brad Blackwood Wins GRAMMY(R) Award(February 22, 2012)
Winter Park, FL (PRWEB) February 22, 2012
Full Sail University is proud to announce that Recording Arts graduate Brad Blackwood received a GRAMMY® Award for Best Engineered Album in the Non Classical category for Alison Krauss & Union Stations album Paper Airplane at the 54th Annual GRAMMY® Awards, which aired live on CBS Sunday, February 12, 2012.
During the ceremony, 71 graduates were credited on 52 GRAMMY®-nominated projects across 38 categories. Highlights include:
- 3 Recording Arts graduates worked on Taylor Swifts Mean, winner for Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song.
- 4 Recording Arts graduates were featured on Kirk Franklins Hello Fear, which won for Best Gospel Album.
- Additional alumni were also credited on the winners for Best Reggae Album (Stephen Marley Revelation Pt 1: The Root of Life), Best Musical Theater Album (The Book of Mormon, Original Broadway Cast), and Best Latin Pop, Rock, or Urban Album (Mana Drama y Luz).
- 3 Recording Arts graduates contributed to Chris Browns F.A.M.E., winner of Best R&B Album.
- Graduate Graham Marsh worked as engineer on Cee Lo Greens single Fool For You, which won for Best R&B Song and Best Traditional R&B Performance, while Full Sail Hall of Fame graduate Phil Tan was a mixer on Corinne Bailey Raes Is This Love, Best R&B Performance winner.
Full Sail University graduates that were personally nominated at this years GRAMMY® Awards included:
- Brad Blackwood, Mastering, Best Engineered Album-Non Classical, Paper Airplane, Alison Krauss & Union Station
- Dustin William Brower, Composer, Best Rap Song, The Show Goes On: Track From Lasers, Lupe Fiasco
- Josh Gudwin, Vocal Recording, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
- Jermaine Mayne Zayne Jackson, Producer, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
- Joe Lambert, Mastering, Best Engineered Album-Classical, Mackey: Lonely Motel - Music From Slide, Rinde Eckert, Steven Mackey & Eighth Blackbird
- Graham Marsh, Engineer, Album of the Year, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, Bruno Mars
- Corey Shoemaker, Engineer, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
- Phil Tan, Mixing, Record of the Year, Firework: Track from Teenage Dream, Katy Perry and Mixing, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
- Jeff Supa Jeff Villanueva, Engineer, Album of the Year, Loud, Rihanna
Full Sail graduates have mixed, recorded, or assisted on 17 GRAMMY®-winning Album of the Year releases over the past 21 years.
We are honored that so many Full Sail University graduates have been involved with the creation of GRAMMY®-nominated projects this year and congratulations go out to Brad for his personal GRAMMY® Award win, said Jay Noble, Director of Alumni, Full Sail University.
About Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment and media industry. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has been recognized as one of the Top Five Game Degree Programs by Electronic Gaming Monthly, one of the Best Music Programs by Rolling Stone Magazine, and one of the Best Film Programs by UNleashed Magazine. In 2011, Full Sail received the 21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning Award from the United States Distance Learning Association, was named the School/College of the Year by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Social Media Colleges by Studentadvisor.com.
Full Sail offers on-campus and online Masters, Bachelors, and Associates degree programs in areas related to animation, art, business, education, graphic design, film, marketing, web development, music, recording arts, sports, and video games. Full Sail graduate credits include work on OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Spike Video Game Award nominated and winning projects.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9216580.htm.
Related Keywords:education, adult education, further education, university, religious education, television industry, television, plastic art, entertainment award, entertainment (general), arts (general), arts, culture and entertainment, restraint of trade, international (foreign) trade, trade dispute, trade agreements, trade policy, trade balance, music industry, music theatre, plastic art, rock and roll music, popular music, jazz music, folk music, country music, classical music, music,
Related Sites: Hollywood Industry , BN - Broadcast Newsroom , Digital Game Developer , Digital Media Designer , DMN Newswire , CEN - Consumer Electronics Net , CEN - Audio , CEN - Games , CEN - Music , CEN - Web , VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: DMN Newsletter , Pixels Newsletter , Levels Newsletter , Loud Newsletter , Renders , CEN - Gadgets Newsletter , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , BN - Broadcast Newswire