|Page (1) of 1 - 02/04/13||email article||print page|
Creator Of Doritos "Fashionista Daddy" Super Bowl Ad Wins Grand Prize To Work With Michael Bay On Paramount Pictures' And Hasbro's 'Transformers 4'
PLANO, Texas, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --The Doritos brand today announced that its consumer-created commercial "Fashionista Daddy," which aired for the first time nationally during yesterday's Super Bowl XLVII broadcast, has scored its creator, 29-year-old Mark Freiburger of Los Angeles, the career-changing opportunity to work with acclaimed film director Michael Bay on the next installment of the blockbuster "Transformers" movie franchise from Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, set to be released on June 27, 2014. The grand-prize comes as "Fashionista Daddy" was the highest ranking of the Doritos consumer-created ads on the USA TODAY Super Bowl Ad Meter, scoring a No. 4 ranking.
In addition to "Fashionista Daddy," the consumer-created Doritos ad "Goat 4 Sale" also received airtime during Sunday's game. Created by 28-year-old Ben Callner of Decatur, GA, "Goat 4 Sale" scored No. 7 on the USA TODAY Ad Meter rankings. The two ads that aired were among five finalist ads selected by the Doritos brand from thousands of submissions received as part of the annual Crash the Super Bowl contest.
Since Crash the Super Bowl began in 2007, consumer-created Doritos ads have consistently ranked within the top-five spots on the USA TODAY Ad Meter, and three of the last five years they have scored the No. 1 ranking.
"The Doritos brand has always been about offering our consumers the biggest, boldest opportunities imaginable. And it doesn't get much bolder than turning over the world's biggest advertising stage to our fans," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "We are so excited to award Mark the chance to work with one of the most acclaimed directors of our time. It's an exciting finish for one of the most exciting engagement programs the Doritos brand has created to date."
As part of this year's competition, all five finalists received $25,000 and a trip to attend Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans. Bonus cash prizes were based on how each winning ad ranked in the USA TODAY Ad Meter. The payouts were as follows:
- $1 million awarded for an ad that scores the No. 1 spot on the USA TODAY Ad Meter
- $600,000 awarded for an ad that scores the No. 2 spot on the USA TODAY Ad meter
- $400,000 awarded for an ad that scores the No. 3 spot on the USA TODAY Ad meter
Created in 1989, the USA TODAY Ad Meter has been regarded as the most influential Super Bowl ad rating in the advertising industry. USA TODAY Ad Meter does not sponsor and is not affiliated with the contest.
PepsiCo's relationship with the NFL is among the company's longest running and most successful sports sponsorships. PepsiCo leverages its sponsorship with the NFL to connect with consumers throughout the season, culminating at the Super Bowl with exciting activations by the company's largest food and beverage brands. Examples include:
- Pepsi sponsored theSuper Bowl XLVII Halftime Showin New Orleans featuring global music icon Beyonc, bringing Pepsi's signature style of consumer engagement to pop culture's biggest stage.
- The nationalPepsi NFL Anthems program brought to life original anthems for seven iconic NFL teams and featured some of today's most talented musical artists and players.
- TheNFL PLAY 60 Super Bowl Contestpresented by Quaker offered once-in-a-lifetime prizes to inspire kids who make eating right and physical fitness a priority, with one grand prize winner selected to go to Super Bowl XLVII and run the game ball onto the field.
- Gatorade and the Gatorade Sports Science Institute have been working closely with 11 NFL rookies this year to help guide their fueling plans and help improve performance, with each rookie's story documented in a web series called "Everything to Prove"onNFL.com.
- Since 1983, Gatorade has partnered with the NFL to fuel its athletes across all 32 teams. For Super Bowl XLVII, Gatorade fueled the two competing teams with a highly-visible sidelines presence as well as a fuel presence in the locker rooms and training facilities.
- Through thePepsi MAX NFL Rookie of the Weekprogram, fans voted for a stand-out Rookie each week of the 2012 NFL regular season and finalists throughout the month of January, leading up to the announcement of the Pepsi MAX NFL Rookie of the Year in New Orleans the night before the Super Bowl.
- All season long, the"Make Your Game Day Official"promotion gave consumers who capture Frito-Lay snacks and Pepsi beverages together a chance to win official NFL prizes, including a trip to Super Bowl XLVII.
- NFL and Super Bowl-branded Pepsi packaging, national product displays with Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade, and local New Orleans-themed point-of-sale materials engage fans in the marketplace.
Doritos tortilla chips is one of the billion-dollar brands that make up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. To learn more about the Doritos brand, visit its website at www.doritos.com or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/DoritosUSA or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DoritosUSA.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
BROADCAST / PRINT / TV MEDIA: Broadcast quality video, photo stills and press information is available to preview, download and share at www.magicbulletmedia.com/MNR/crashthesuperbowl
HASBRO, TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
2012 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Post/Production, Director, Display, Camera/Film, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Marketing, luggage/packaging, Sports, Film, Television, Music, Internet Technology, Business, Science, Sports, Football, Outdoor Sports,
Related Sites: Digital Producer , Hollywood Industry , Digital Post Production , Film Imaging , Oceania , DMN Newswire , VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: DMN Newsletter , Digital Media Net , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker