|Page (1) of 1 - 09/23/08||email article||print page|
AT&T U-verse Introduces Total Home DVR in Los Angeles, St. Louis and Fresno, Taking 'When You Want, Where You Want' TV Viewing to Whole New LevelLatest U-verse TV Enhancement - Made Possible by IP Technology - Enables DVR Playback on Any TV Throughout the Home (September 23, 2008)
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) today announced the launch of AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR in the
"If you're a family who fights over the DVR or just wants the flexibility to watch your recorded shows on any TV in the house, AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR is the perfect solution for you," said
AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR customers can:
* Watch HD and SD DVR recordings on other connected TVs in the home. In addition to your DVR, you can access, play, pause, rewind and fast forward any recorded SD or HD program on up to seven additional U-verse-connected TVs. All U-verse DVRs and receivers are HD-capable.
* Pause a recorded show and pick up where you left off in another room.
* Play back multiple, independent viewings of the same recorded show on different TVs.
* Play back up to four recorded shows at once. Up to three can be HD recorded programs.
* Watch up to five HD programs simultaneously throughout the home, including two live HD programs and three recorded HD programs.
* Record more of the show you want to see with soft padding, which automatically adds 1 minute to the beginning and 2 minutes to the end of each pre-scheduled recording.
* Organize recorded content by series. Series recordings will be grouped as a single heading in the recorded TV menu, making it easier for customers to manage and select their recorded programs.
* Store up to 37 hours of HD content or up to 133 hours of SD content, which is more storage than most cable providers' DVRs.
* Record up to four programs at once on a single DVR -- another feature that is exclusive to AT&T U-verse TV.
* Set the DVR while on the go from your PC or wireless phone. With AT&T Yahoo!(R) Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, you can schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using your AT&T High Speed Internet account.
Using IP technology, Total Home DVR capabilities have been seamlessly provided to existing customers' DVRs without the need to swap their current equipment. The U-verse network architecture and IPTV service allow Total Home DVR functionality to be enabled by a software update, without any action or hassle for existing customers.
Total Home DVR is the latest addition to the constantly evolving suite of features that has been introduced to all U-verse TV customers at no extra charge since the AT&T U-verse launch in
* Mobile Remote Access to DVR, which lets you schedule and manage DVR recordings from any compatible mobile phone.
* AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the U-verse TV screen, without interrupting the current program.
* AT&T Online Photos from Flickr, which allows you to simply and conveniently browse the photos you've uploaded to flickr.com and watch slide shows on your U-verse TV screen from the comfort of your couch.
* Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, which allows you to track the progress of your fantasy team -- including current team matchups and league standings -- directly from your TV screen through the AT&T U-bar.
* YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, for fast and easy searches to find local businesses and other information via your TV screen.
* AT&T Yahoo! Games, so you can play your favorite online games -- including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT's Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess -- on the TV screen.
In the future, AT&T plans to add to its Total Home DVR service with the ability to schedule recordings and pause or control live TV from non-DVR receivers.
AT&T is deploying next-generation AT&T U-verse services as part of its mission to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. Customers benefit from integrated AT&T services across the three screens they value most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse -- or to find out if it's available in your area -- visit http://uverse.att.com, call 800-ATT-2020 or visit a local AT&T retail location.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in
(C) 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Note: This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. For more information, please review this announcement in the AT&T newsroom at http://www.att.com/newsroom.
Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse. Call or go to http://www.uverse.att.com to see if you qualify. Four channels can be recorded to the DVR or viewed simultaneously, up to two can be HD, subject to availability. DVR functionality available for up to 8 TVs and requires extra receivers for each additional TV.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
Copyright 2008 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Internet/Web, Business, Internet, Web, Business Communications, Broadcast Technology, HDTV, Software, IPTV, Storage, Television, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Game Technology, Business, Entertainment, Internet, Sports, Online Games, Family,