DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Opportunities
in the Western Europe Confectionery Sector: Analysis of opportunities
offered by high growth economies” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s
Western Europe held the second highest value and volume share of the
global confectionery sector at 30.2% and 27.8%, respectively, in 2018.
It is forecast to record a value CAGR of 3.3% during 2018-2023,
increasing from US$52,264.9 million in 2018 to US$61,548.1 million by
Growing desire for gourmet, sustainable and healthier confectionery
products with health & wellness attributes will drive sales. Chocolate
is the largest category in the region, accounting for US$33,156.4
million (63.4%) of the overall sector in 2018, and is forecast to grow
at a CAGR of 3.4% to reach US$39,151.4 million by 2023. It is followed
by the sugar confectionery and gum categories, which accounted for
US$14,007.4 million and US$5,101.2 million sales in 2018 and are
forecast to register a CAGR of 3.3% and 3.2%, respectively, during
The Netherlands, the UK, Denmark, and Sweden are shortlisted as
high-potential countries primarily owing to their large market size,
high value growth rates, and rising per capita value growth levels.
Among these countries, the UK is the largest market both in value and
volume terms, while the Netherlands is forecast to witness the highest
value and volume growth during 2018-2023. The Western European
confectionery sector is fragmented with the top five brands – Milka,
Haribo, Dairy Milk, Kinder, and Ferrero Rocher – accounting for an 11.5%
share in 2018. Meanwhile, private label accounted for share of 8.7%.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the largest distribution channel in the
Western Europe confectionery sector with a value share of 48.8% in 2018.
Convenience stores and food & drinks specialists are the other leading
distribution channels with value shares of 27.8% and 12.8%,
respectively. Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack
material in the Western European confectionery sector, accounting for a
share of 75.9% in 2018. Film was the most commonly used pack type, while
prize off and carton – folding were the most commonly used closure type
and primary outer type respectively.
Sector overview: Provides an overview of the sector size, value, and
volume growth analysis, across regions.
Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of
confectionery products by categories across the key countries in the
Western Europe region.
High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of top four
high potential countries in the Western Europe region based on market
assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance
indicators, and technological infrastructure.
Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential
countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges,
consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples.
It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future
outlook for the region.
Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the health & wellness
products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall
confectionery sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key
health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales
of confectionery products in the Western Europe region, in 2018. It
also covers the market share of leading companies offering
confectionery with health & wellness attributes in the same year.
Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Western
Europe region and analyzes the growth of private label products in the
Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading
distribution channels for confectionery across the key countries in
the Western Europe region, in 2018. It covers six distribution
channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food &
drinks specialists, vending machines, cash & carries and warehouse
clubs, dollar stores, variety stores & general merchandise retailers,
drugstores & pharmacies, e-retailers, and other retailers.
Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in
2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack
materials, pack types, closure types, and primary outer types based on
the volume sales (by pack units) of confectionery.
Reasons to Buy
Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market
is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There
is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail.
This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date
information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth
within the sector in the region.
The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the
region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and
demographic analysis that can help companies gain insight into the
country specific nuances
The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends
that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be
explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in
the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis)
- Market size analysis – Western Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Identifying high potential countries in Western Europe
- Identifying high potential countries – methodology
- High potential countries in Western Europe
Identifying high potential countries – risk, reward, and opportunity
4. Market size and growth analysis (high potential countries in
- High potential countries in Western Europe – Overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country (1/2)
- Growth contribution analysis by country (2/2)
- Share of confectionery compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and confectionery categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles (high potential countries in Western Europe)
- The Netherlands
- The UK
6. Success Stories
- Confectionery in Western Europe: Case Studies
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in Western European confectionery sector
- Leading companies in Western European confectionery sector
- Leading brands in Western European confectionery sector
- Private label penetration in the Western European confectionery sector
8. Health & wellness analysis
- Health & wellness analysis – overview
- Health & wellness market growth analysis by country
Health & wellness analysis – key product attributes and consumer
- Leading health & wellness companies by category share
9. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by categories
10. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
- Perfetti Van Melle S.p.A.
- Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprungli AG
- Nestle S.A.
- Mars Incorporated
- Oy Karl Fazer AB
- August Storck KG
- Cloetta AB
- Haribo GmbH & Co. KG
- Mondelz International Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6ij5ir
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900