DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Laparotomy Sponges Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global laparotomy sponges market was worth US$ 0.75 Billion in 2018. Looking forward, the market is forecast to reach a value of US$ 1.12 Billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of around 7% during 2019-2024.
- The growing prevalence of abdominal disorders among the geriatric population and an increase in the number of surgical procedures are the key factors driving the market growth.
- Furthermore, there has been a significant rise in the cases of diseases such as colon cancer, hernia, appendicitis, pancreatitis, peptic ulcers among the masses that have led to a growing need for laparotomy surgeries.
- Apart from this, an increasing number of cesarean operations conducted in hospitals and medical centers have also increased the utilization of laparotomy sponges.
- Additionally, various innovations in laparotomy sponges, such as the introduction of pads with heat bonded barium sulfate markers and enhanced X-ray visibility, represent another factor influencing the market growth.
- Moreover, as laparotomy sponges can be unintentionally retained in the body during operations, manufacturers have developed easily detectable and barcode tagged sponges that can reduce the cases of post-operation retentions.
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Medtronic, Owens & Minor, Derma Sciences, Medical Action Industries, AdvaCare Pharma, B. Braun Melsungen, Cardinal Health, Dynarex Corporation, DeRoyal, BSN Medical GmbH, Dukal Corporation, Stryker Corporation, etc.
Key Topics Covered
2 Scope & Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Laparotomy Sponges Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Technology
5.4 Market Breakup by Sterility
5.5 Market Breakup by Procedure
5.6 Market Breakup by End-user
5.7 Market Breakup by Region
5.8 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Technology
6.3 Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID)
7 Market Breakup by Sterility
7.1 Sterile Laparotomy Sponges
7.2 Non-Sterile Laparotomy Sponges
8 Market Breakup by Procedure
8.1 Pre-Washed Laparotomy Sponge
8.2 Non-Washed Laparotomy Sponge
9 Market Breakup by End-user
9.3 Multispecialty Surgical Centers
9.4 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
10 Market Breakup by Region
10.1 North America
10.4 Middle East & Africa
10.5 Latin America
11 SWOT Analysis
12 Value Chain Analysis
13 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
13.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
13.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
13.4 Degree of Competition
13.5 Threat of New Entrants
13.6 Threat of Substitutes
14 Price Analysis
15 Competitive Landscape
15.1 Market Structure
15.2 Key Players
15.3 Profiles of Key Players
15.3.2 Owens & Minor
15.3.3 Derma Sciences
15.3.4 Medical Action Industries
15.3.5 AdvaCare Pharma
15.3.6 B. Braun Melsungen
15.3.7 Cardinal Health
15.3.8 Dynarex Corporation
15.3.10 BSN Medical GmbH
15.3.11 Dukal Corporation
15.3.12 Stryker Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/rtcrsc
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900